Friday, June 29, 2012

The Miracle Window

It is funny how Heavenly Father answers your prayers sometimes. Sometimes He answers your prayers directly.  Like you get a feeling right away while you are on your knees that answers your question. Sometimes He answers your prayers through other people. Like the other day was a miserable day for me, and then someone in my ward randomly dropped off cupcakes at my door because she felt prompted to do so. (It made my day 1,000 times better.) Other times He answers your prayers randomly... in ways you might have never thought. 

When Bryce and I first moved into our apartment, we ran into a problem. Our couch would not fit through the front door. The couch was too long, the ceiling was too low, and, even after taking the door off, we didn't have enough room to push it through and turn it. 
We thought for a few minutes about what to do.

The way I saw it, we had three options:

(1) saw our couch in half. 
(2) send the couch home with dad and buy a new one. 
(3) use our couch as patio furniture. 

None of those options sounded appealing. 

Suddenly my dad had the greatest idea. Since we were living on the first floor, we could just shove the couch through the window! I was nervous it wasn't going to fit. But about two minutes later our couch was sitting nicely in our living room after a simple slide through the window. I never thought I would be so grateful to live on the first floor of our apartment complex... until tonight.....

Bryce is out of town. I was bored. I decided to go get a soda from the gas station. I was back in a jiffy, went to my front door, went to unlock it, and.... only my car key was on the lanyard. My apartment key was gone. What the HECK??? Anyway. I didn't know what to do. Immediately I started to retrace my steps. I used the lego flashlight on my lanyard to search. I couldn't find it. I was getting more and more nervous. Bryce was gone. I was locked out. It was getting pretty late. 

Once again, I found myself with three options:

(1) sleep under the stairwell like a hobo. 
(2) sleep in my car like a hobo.
(3) sleep at a neighbor's house...like a hobo. 

Once again, none of those options sounded appealing. 

So I decided to pray. I prayed that I would find my key. I prayed hard. And shed a couple tears (because I am silly like that.) As soon as I was finished praying, I GOT MY ANSWER! No. Heavenly Father didn't tell me where my key was. He didn't help me find it either. He just told me to call my dad. So that is what I did. 

You will probably guess where this is going. My dad suggested that I just crawl through the window! 

Brilliant

So that is exactly what I did. I felt like a criminal, but now I get to sleep in my own bed tonight. :) I am SO grateful for my dad. Thanks to him, I won't be sleeping like a hobo tonight. I am also so grateful for our first floor apartment and our miracle window. It has saved our couch and me... and it has only been three weeks! Most of all, I am grateful for Heavenly Father. He is the most creative prayer answerer ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment