Friday, April 29, 2011

Guatsup! Pictures...... Pics pics pics

I have taken over 800 pictures in the last 2 weeks of being in Guatemala... here are just a few. Enjoy! More to come!
Rebekah and I next to an "alfombra" during Semana Santa


A cool waterfall on our way back from Panajachel


Rebekah and I with two people during the celebration of Semana Santa in Antigua. Many men wore these purple robes and carried sculptures of Christ.


A picture of Patzicia... gloomy day, but maybe you will get the idea.


My "brothers" Joseph and Edy.


Rebekah and I at the ruins of an old Monastery.


Hiding in a a hole in the wall....


Rebekah and I at the top of the Monastery ruins.



Two girls at the market.



2 of my "little brothers" Joshua (left) and Joseph (right).


This sign was at the ruins of Iximche.... It says not to climb on the structures (ruins) but Omar, who was with us, told us that rules dont apply in Guatemala, and that everybody climbs on them.... haha. so we climbed anyway...


There are guys like this guy everywhere....


A a bunch of the people in the street in Santiango.



A gillion people at the beach.


Rebekah, me, and my "mom", Domitila.



Some random men in Guatemala.



These are some of the women in Guatemala. This might give you an idea of what the women look like.


This is home in my neighborhood. A lot of the houses look like this, but there are a lot of nicer ones too. (not nice in the US standards... but still :)

These are 2 women in the market place selling their fruits and vegetables.


This is the school I work at. Nice, huh?


A mom and her daugters in Santiago.

2 comments:

  1. What a blast! It looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Especially love your shirt in the top few pics :-)

    ReplyDelete