Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A Day in the Life of E

Hi Everyone! I'm Ellie. My first name is Ellyse, but most people call me Ellie. And sometimes mom refers to me as E because that is what she called me before she wanted everyone to know my name. I am 5 weeks old today! Here is a picture of me.


I bet a lot of you are wondering what a day in the life of Ellie is like. So now I'm going to tell you. 

I wake up at about 7:00 am. 
Then I eat.
Then mom and I snuggle in bed and read scriptures. 
Then mom makes me get out of my pajamas and put on real clothes. 
After that, I sit in my swing and watch the birdies above my head while mom works out. 
When she is finished working out, I get all cozy and swaddled and take my morning nap at about 8:15. I usually sleep until 10:00. Or I try to, at least. 

That's when I wake up and eat again. Mom usually tries to feed me a bottle this time around. I don't really like drinking out of a bottle, so sometimes it takes me 10-15 mins to even start sucking on it.
But I'll do it. 
When I finish my bottle, it's play time! Sometimes I lay on the floor and mom tells me stories or makes funny noises with my toys. I don't interact much, but I like to look at whatever it is that she is showing me. Sometimes this is also when I run errands with mom, like going to the bank or the grocery store. 
After some play time, I get pretty tired again and have to go to sleep at about 11:15. Then I try to sleep until about 1:00. 

Then I wake up again and eat. Sometimes I get a bottle this time around, too. I am going to keep practicing with a bottle so that dad can feed me when mom goes to work. 
Then it's play time again! Sometimes I watch TV with mom, or walk with her out to the mailbox. Sometimes, when the weather is nice, I even get to go for a walk with mom in my stroller!
Then, once again, I get sleepy at about 2:15. So, I get swaddled, lay in my bed, and and try to sleep until about 4:00. 

Then I wake up, eat, play... and then it's one of the best parts of the day because Daddy comes home! He cuddles me, hugs me, kisses me, loves me... and then I take a short nap at about 5:15. 

Then I eat at 6:00, play a little and get ready for bed (some days I get bath time here!), take a nap, eat at 8:00, go to sleep, eat at 10:00.... and then sleep! Sometimes I'll sleep about 4 hours here for mom and dad. Then I'll get hungry, eat, and go right back to sleep. Then a couple hours later, I'll get hungry, eat, and go right back to sleep again. Then it's morning time and I start my day all over again!

Anyway. That's a day in my life. Hopefully I can keep this schedule up so that dad will have an easier time taking care of me when mom goes back to work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment