Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ticket Miracle

To preface this story, BYU-Idaho is infamous for giving out parking tickets. You can't go in a building longer than 5 minutes without getting a ticket if you don't have a parking permit. It is amazing how ready the ticket people are to give out tickets as soon as you get out of your car.

Anyway, Monday morning, Bryce and I went to the gym. We took the Subaru like we usually do. That is our "reliable car." But when we came out (just a half hour later) I saw that I had left a light on inside the car. AND unfortunately when I tried to start it, it didn't start. :( We tried starting it for a few minutes, but nothing happened. It was weird because it really didn't seem like a dead battery to me. A few minutes after that, a man came and knocked on my window and offered to help us if we had jumper cables. We we so grateful for his offer. But, sadly, 20 minutes later, our car still wouldn't start. And the guy helping us was a mechanic! If he couldn't help us, it was hopeless. So we had to leave our car in the gym parking lot. I really didn't want to get a ticket, so I wrote this note and put it on our windshield.


I didn't really think this note would work because, like I said, BYU-Idaho is a ticket nazi. BUT IT TOTALLY WORKED! When Bryce got out of classes, he went and checked on the car, saw that there was no ticket, and surprisingly, the car started right up! We must be doing something right because that was a ticket miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment