Saturday, February 2, 2013

Bryce: The Master Smoothie Maker

When I was younger, I used to pride myself in the idea that I was an excellent smoothie maker. I loved to make them for my family... and I would make them all the time. Then the most traumatic thing happened. I made the usual concoction of juice, fruit, milk, ice, vanilla, sugar... etc. But for some reason, the ice just would not blend up. It remained in pretty solid chunks. But I thought, "oh well, I am sure it will still taste good." So I proceeded to serve it to my family. For some reason, the ice chunks would not even melt in our mouths, so we just kept spitting the ice chunks out into napkins. Thats when it hit me. The chunks we were spitting out wasn't ice at all... it was plastic. SOLID PLASTIC CHUNKS.... from a part of the lid of the blender. Anyway. I ruined the blender and produced a disgusting smoothie. Ever since then, I haven't had much desire to make smoothies. 
But I still crave them ALL THE TIME! 

The good news is that I married an EXCELLENT smoothie maker. The master of smoothies, even. Bryce can make super quick, super simple, super healthy smoothies with our magic bullet. 
Here is a picture of the ingredients Bryce uses:


Yep. Thats right. Three ingredients. Milk, Yogurt, Fruit. 

What we do is buy bags of frozen fruit (we usually get strawberries, mangos, and mixed berries). 
Then we put all the fruit in a bowl and mix it up. Then we put about 2 handfuls of fruit in sandwich ziploc bags and put them back in the freezer. Then they are all ready for us to make quick smoothies when we come home from our workouts in the mornings... Because that is what I always want the most after a good workout.

Anyway, if you want a delicious smoothie with no extra sugar added, try this one in your magic bullet! It makes a yummy breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment