Friday, May 6, 2011

Espantosa

Every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, Rebekah and I eat lunch at Ophelias house. Ophelia lives with her thgree beautiful daughters, Vanessa, Marissa, and Silvia. The first time we ate with them, Rebekah wanted to tell the family how she was feeling about teaching at the school the next day. She wanted to say "Im scared" but didnt know how. So, she turned to me, the all knowing Spanish Master. I told her that "scared" was "espantosa". I forgot that "espantosa" actually means "scary" until Rebekah said "estoy espantosa"... The family and i had a pretty good laugh, and Rebekah was left in the dark, wondering what she said. I felt bad for accidentally giving her wrong information, but it made for a good laugh. FYI, "Im scared" is "tengo miedo."

No comments:

Post a Comment