Thursday, March 18, 2010

BYU-Idaho Rec Sports

One thing I have really loved while being here at BYU-Idaho is the rec sports program. I really think that this university has the best rec sports program in the nation.... not that I'm qualified to make that assumption, but still. IT'S SO MUCH FUN! Since there aren't 'real' sports at BYU-Idaho, everyone is encouraged to get involved by participating in one of the rec sports leagues. There are so many sports to choose from. Since i have been here, I have played soccer, flag football, ultimate frisbee, floor hockey, basketball, and dodgeball. In addition to these, BYU-I also offers volleyball, wrestling, soft/baseball, waterpolo, lacrosse, cheer leading, ice hockey, swimming, track/cross country... the list just goes on and on. It has been fun trying new things here! This semester, I did futsal (basically like indoor soccer), and dodgeball.

Here is my futsal team. Our team name was Kamikaze. we got 2nd place out of 30 teams!

And here is my dodgeball team. Our team name was Mem'ry X. We lost.... a lot... but it was still fun! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment