Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Name Game Anxiety...

Please tell me I'm not the only one out there....

Ever since I have been pregnant, I have had TONS of people ask, "What names are you thinking of?"/"What are you going to name her?"

That's all great and dandy to ask that. But as soon as someone asks me that question, I suddenly get severe anxiety. Not joking. I start sweating and stammering and not creating coherent sentences.

The truth is, I don't know if I am ready to tell everyone what we want to name our baby girl. Maybe I'll be ready soon, I don't know. But for now, I panic thinking that I will get a negative reaction when I tell someone what we are thinking. (Which has already happened once, I might add...)

SO... don't be offended if we wait a while to tell people what we think we will name baby girl. I just want to be happy and sure about the name we are deciding/have decided to give our baby girl before someone tries to ruin it...

I know that might sound silly. But for now, she can just be "Baby E." :)

2 comments:

  1. You might remember that we decided on a name while in the hospital ready to deliver, so I didn't go through any of that! But... I can't believe you've told someone your name and that someone wasn't me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't tell anyone Alexis's name until that first picture on facebook. A lot of my siblings have done that...it's fun and keeps the suspense alive! Just keep saying you won't know for certain until you see baby. Whatever her name is, it sure is going to be darling and she is sure going to be SOOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete