Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coaching

Well, I haven't been very good about blogging anything lately... other than a couple pregnant posts every now and again. It mostly has to do with the fact that I have been SUPER busy lately. Beyond school, I have been spending every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning coaching U-14 girls soccer. I LOVE to coach soccer, and it has been a fun season. My team works hard and have done remarkable this season. I will have to post a team picture after we get one taken at tomorrow's game.

The other day, I decided to do something a little different for practice. I told the girls to bring their running shoes in addition to their cleats. Immediately, I got many groans and terrified faces. They were sure I was going to kill them. I assured them that everything would be alright, and they might actually enjoy themselves. Here is what we did for practice:

  1. Warmed up
  2. Ran to my apartment from the soccer field (only about 3/4 of a mile away)
  3. Managed to fit 17 sweaty girls into our apartment
  4. Ate apples with caramel dip
  5. Watch a short, inspirational soccer video
  6. Wrote their end-of-the-season goals on a pumpkin
  7. Ran back to the soccer field carrying the pumpkin... each taking turns and passing the pumpkin around from teammate to teammate
  8. Put on our cleats
  9. Had a scrimmage and played some world cup
It was a lot of fun! 

I love to coach. Growing up on the soccer field changed my life... I honestly think I would be a completely different person if I didn't play soccer. So, I LOVE giving that same opportunity to the girls I coach! 

That all being said, coaching soccer has taken up a lot of my extra free time (or time I should have spent planning lessons or grading papers... ooops.) The season ending tournament is this week, and I am sad.... yet excited to add 15 more hours to my week of extra time I didn't have before! Maybe that means I can blog a little more :)  

Oh. and just one more thing.  Today I hit my 19 week mark of pregnancy. Next week I will be half way through! AND only 9 more days until we find out the gender! 

No comments:

Post a Comment