Monday, September 8, 2014

4th Grade So Far

So far, I have loved 4th grade! It is definitely more work to be an elementary school teacher than a secondary teacher (now that I have taught in a middle school). The more work is attributed to the fact that as an elementary school teacher, you have to plan and teach every single lesson for every single subject every single day. You also have to be better at time management because you don't have a bell that cuts you off every hour.... you have to keep track yourself and be sure to not spend too much time on one subject, because then you cut into the time of another subject.

Besides the extra work, I have loved being a 4th grade teacher. It is so fun to work with the same students all day, and have a class all to yourself that you can call your own. They are so cute and so fun, and just happy kids. My students are great... and I think I got really lucky with the class I was given. They are the best 4th grade class at the school!

Here are just some pictures of my classroom... I have a rock climbing/oh the places you'll go theme. :)














1 comment:

  1. 4th grade was one of my dads favorites to teach. I'm glad you are having a great
    year already.

    ReplyDelete