Friday, May 30, 2014

One Year Down.

Wow. I cannot believe this. I only have 4 days of school left in this school year. Really more like 3 days since, because of the rotating schedule, I actually don't have any classes to teach on Thursday. (I have prep hour and then I just have to do check outs.)

I just have been doing a little reflecting on this past school year. I seriously cannot believe how blessed I have been. I am eternally grateful to my loving Heavenly Father who guided me to this school at this time. My experience at North Fremont Middle/High School has been unforgettable. I have learned a TON and I have made some really great memories!

Also, I have made some really good friends. At first, I didn't know how I would really fit in at this school. I generally get along with people, but I didn't know if the age difference between my coworkers and me would make it difficult to develop actual relationships. But holy cow! They are totally the best people I could have asked for, especially for my first year of teaching. They took me in, took care of me, treated me like an equal... I am overwhelmed with the love I have felt from them. I honestly cannot thank them enough for the kindness they have showed toward me. I mean, how could you not love these guys?

I am so so SOOO excited about next year. I look forward to my new school with my new coworkers and my new students. I truly feel like this exactly where I should be this coming school year. I am so grateful, once again, to feel like Heavenly Father is guiding me to where I can make the most influence for the better. That being said, I am seriously going to miss North Fremont and all the teachers and students there. I wish I could just pick up that school and that town and those teachers and those students and transplant everything right here in Rexburg somehow. I know that can't happen, and I know I have made the right decision, but it sure has been a lot harder than I expected. I am an emotional person to begin with, but these tears sure are close to the surface...

Anyway. I am almost finished with my first year of teaching! I can't believe it! Oh my HECK I have had a BLAST! I love being a teacher. I never thought that I would end up being a teacher. I always had my sights on the medical field. But I could not be happier with my career choice. It is a profession I hope to never leave. Nelson Mandela said, "Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world." I could not agree more. I can now say, without a doubt, that I am passionate about being an educator.

No comments:

Post a Comment