Monday, May 12, 2014

Change. I Like Change!

Life is crazy sometimes. Sometimes it hands you opportunities that you would have never expected to follow. Well, today life handed me one of those opportunities, and I grabbed it!

Let me give you a flash back of a couple weeks ago. A few weeks ago in faculty meeting, my principal announced his resignation at North Fremont and stated that he would be the new principal Kershaw Intermediate School in Sugar City.

A couple days later, my principal approached me and told me that there was a 4th grade opening at Kershaw, and that he wanted to invite me to move over with him. I turned him down fairly quickly because I felt like I had too much of a commitment at North Fremont. I love my position here. I love who I work with. I love my students. I love coaching soccer... But a couple hours later, I began to regret that decision not to take him up on his offer. As many of you know, I have wanted to be a 4th grade teacher for a REALLY long time. And Kershaw is 3 times closer to home than North Fremont. So I emailed him and told him that I would like to teach 4th grade at Kershaw.

The next day, my principal came up to me and sadly told me that he was informed that the old principal at the school he is moving to already extended the 4th grade offer to someone else. I was really disappointed.

The thought of teaching in Sugar City wouldn't leave my mind, however. I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to work so close to home. I couldn't help but think how nice it would be to work in an elementary school. I couldn't help but think how much I wanted to be a 4th grade teacher... my dream position.

So, I decided to start applying at schools here in Rexburg. As much as I have loved my first year of teaching in Ashton, as much I have LOVED my coworkers and students, and as much as I have loved coaching soccer, I knew that a change is what I wanted.

And GUESS WHAT????

I had an interview today at Kennedy Elementary School in Rexburg and twenty minutes later I was offered the job!

I am THRILLED! I cannot wait to be a 4th grade teacher next year! And the icing on top of the cake is the fact that my school is 3 minutes away from home. SOOOO STOKED!

So here is to change! I like change!

1 comment: