Sunday, January 12, 2014

Goals for 2014

I have never really liked the words "New Years Resolution." To me, "New Years" only applies to the first week of January... by the time December rolls around, the year is old, isn't it? Do the so called "New Years Resolutions" still apply if the year is no longer new? Anyway, I know it is silly, but Bryce and I have decided to just make goals for 2014 instead of New Years Resolutions... (yes, I know they are the same thing. I just like the sound of it better.)

I have goals that I REALLY want to stick to this year. So Bryce and I sat down and typed up a plan for our goals for 2014. We made individual goals, and goals as a couple. This typed plan is now posted between our closet doors where we can see them each day. I will spare you the details of how our goals will play out, but I think that it will be beneficial if I share some goals with the blogging world... then that makes us more accountable, right? I am leaving some of the goals out, since some seem a little too personal to share on a blog, but here are some of our goals for 2014!

Beki

  1. Get in shape before soccer season... If I am going to be the head girls varsity soccer coach at North Fremont High School, I want to be a good example for those girls! 
  2. Be more organized. I am excited about this goal because I plan to think of a new organizing project each month to just to make life more organized and... cleaner. This month, I am cleaning out the "junk drawers" in our entertainment center. 
Bryce
  1. Get an internship. I'm so proud of Bryce. He has worked SOOOO hard in school. He has some great opportunities ahead that I know will bless our family. Bryce will be applying (and has already applied) at many different places: Google, Apple, Hewlett Packard, NComputing, and many other smaller companies. Anywhere would be lucky to have him! We hope he will be able to do his internship this summer or fall, but he can do it any time between July 2014 - July 2015. So we still have plenty of time! 
Couple

  1. Save money. Be better budgeters. It has been so nice to have a job with a steady income where budgeting is actually a possibility. Now we just need to get better at knowing what to do with the money we get! 
  2. Go on weekly dates. We have recently found some really fun, cheap/free dates, and we have had such a blast being together... I am excited to do things like that more often with my Bryceepoo. :) LOVE YOU!!! 

Anyway, I am excited for this new year, and I hope we will accomplish all the goals we have set for ourselves. Good luck to you on your goals for this year as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment