Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Eve

We had a great Christmas Eve this year. We spent it with my family, and ate prime rib and crab for dinner.... (it's not weird. it's tradition. and it's delicious.) For dessert, we had a brownie, ice cream, and whipped cream.... with a candle on top for Jesus's birthday! 






After that, we got a plate of goodies all ready for Santa Claus. He loved his carrot, brownie, mints, and over-saturated chocolate milk! 


After that, Kim, Matt, Kylee, Ben, and Rachel left.... and Bryce and I hung around with my mom and dad. I have to say, this had to have been my favorite Christmas Eve ever, and I will tell you why. So... my mom has some really awesome stories from her childhood adventures living over seas. For years I have asked her to write these stories down... I have even given her check-off lists of stories I remember. But she has never written them down. But on Christmas Eve, when my mom started telling one of her stories, I decided to record her story on my phone. Then came another story. And another story... and dad told some stories too! IT WAS AWESOME! I never heard the story about when my mom was kidnapped in Vietnam near the border of Cambodia... but now it is recorded on my phone! ANYWAY.... there are now 16 stories on my phone. And I am super stoked. Bryce knows of a program that can take recorded audio and put it into text.... SO I PLAN ON DOING THAT.... I am going to make a blog of my mom and dad's stories.... I need to think of a good blog title... any ideas? 
Adventures of a World Traveler and a Boise Cowboy? 
I dunno.... if you think of anything, let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment