Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Light CONTEST!!!

Bryce and I invited our friends/neighbors Billy and Charlotte to come with us and look at Christmas lights around Rexburg. We wanted to make it a little different than a normal Christmas light evening, so we decided to make it a competition. We gave a prize to the first and second place. As it turns out, Rexburg isn't super into the whole "decorate for Christmas" thing.... There weren't many options to choose from. But i think from now on, people will be more motivated to decorate, because word will get around about our prestigious competition we throw! Bryce and I had SOOOOO much fun doing this!

This is Billy and Charlotte. They are so awesome!


These are the prizes we gave out. My mom helped me make these. So cute!


This house won 2nd prize. When we knocked on the door and gave them their prize, they were thrilled!! They invited us in, gave us chocolate, and asked us all about our lives. It was precious.


This house won 1st prize. An old lady lived by herself at this home. She loved the tradition we were starting. She proceeded to tell us all about the history of her Christmas lights. I won't tell the story on here because it would take forever. But it was fun talking to her!


Then we came back to our apartment and had hot chocolate and apple cider, and we watched a movie:)


I am so happy the Bryce and I established our first family Christmas tradition together. I am excited to continue this fun tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment