Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Little Less Threatening...

Bryce's and my favorite comedian is Demetri Martin. We have always loved quoting him, and has brought a lot of humorous situations into our lives.

One of his jokes is about flowers. "I think it's weird that when you give someone flowers you're really saying 'Here you go, now watch these die--'cuz I like you.' I feel like you should give someone flowers when you wanna threaten them. 'Here--you're next. Better put your feet in water, 'cuz I'm comin' for you."

It totally loses its effect when you have to read it. It doesn't seem nearly as funny when you don't hear it. But anyway, when I came home from my first day of student teaching, I walked in the door and Bryce came running up to me with the cutest little cactus in his hands.


He proceded to tell me the he went to go buy me flowers for my first day... but then he realized that he didn't want to seem threatening. He thought that this cactus was a little less threatening. 

I love my husband! And I love my "a little less threatening" cactus!

No comments:

Post a Comment