Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day!

For Mother's Day this year, Bryce went out and got me some flowers, a hanging pot, and some soil.... and this is how it turned out! It was such a thoughtful surprise; I just had to share. I love my little hanging pot of flowers. Even though we have just a little apartment, Bryce has always been able to find ways to make it feel like a home. :)


Also, I just wanted to share how great I think my mom is. I don't tell her enough. One thing I want to tell you about my mom and one thing that I love most about her is that she has always been my biggest cheerleader in life. She is always so encouraging and positive about whatever is going on in my life. When I was young, she was my biggest soccer cheerleader. When I was contemplating whether or not to go to Guatemala, she said, "You go on that adventure! You won't regret it!" When it comes to my new job, she is just as excited for me as I am about the whole thing. She is the best. She is always encouraging me to follow my dreams and be the best I can be. I have a text message saved as a picture on my phone that kind of shows you how positive and encouraging she is. It is one of my favorite texts from her. I'm pretty sure it made me cry.... This was one I received soon after I graduated from college:


See. I told you she is the best. I love you, mom. Happy Mother's Day! 


Not only do I have the best mom, I also have the best mother-in-law! I feel so blessed. She is always trying so hard to include everyone and make everyone feel so happy. She is always planning our next fun outing where we can all come together and enjoy an exciting time with family. She has an amazing gift to make others feel special and good about themselves. Before Bryce left on his mission, he talked with his mom and asked her to take care of me while he was away. And she did just that. When Bryce was gone, she always went out of her way to invite me to family activities and other things. Sometimes we would go on bike rides or play raquetball... she has always made me feel important and loved. And I know that is what everyone feels when they are around her. 

***This is written in Beki's voice... 
but both Bryce and I "wrote" it together.***

WE LOVE YOU, MOM(s)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment