Friday, February 17, 2012

Sometimes in Life....

Sometimes in life, people think you are someone that you are not. And sometimes in life, that person is VERY convinced that you are someone else.......

Bryce and I went to the temple this morning, and had a very funny moment as we were headed back to the dressing rooms. A temple worker couple pulled us aside, suggesting they knew Bryce. This is how the conversation went.

Man: Brother Call! Oh my, you look just like your father.

Woman: No! He looks just like his mother!

Bryce: You know my parents?

Man and Woman in unison: Yah! We are the Bragues! (their last name)

Bryce: OOOHHHH........ (he didn't recognize the name but thought they must be someone he should know...)

Man: (seeing that we weren't quite convinced that we knew them) Your dad and I worked at Provo High together.

Me: (To Bryce) Your dad was a teacher?

Bryce:.... uh.... nooo........

Man: OH YES!!! He was the orchestra director, and I was the band director....

Bryce: haha uh, I don't think that was my dad...

Man: You were just too young to remember.

Bryce: Uh, maybe....

Woman: We wanted to come to your wedding, but we couldn't make it. We were in Hawaii.

Beki: Oh fun.....( awkward pause....)

Bryce: Well, it's good to meet you!.... I'm glad we ran into each other!......

Anyway. With a smile and a wave, we left them, assuming we couldn't convince them that Bryce's dad wasn't an orchestra teacher at Provo High. Oh my goodness. Bryce and I both laughed about it all morning (and still laughing :)

Bryce called his dad to make sure he was never an orchestra teacher at Provo High, and confirmed that he didn't know anyone with the last name of Brague..... It's comical just thinking about Bryce's dad conducting an orchestra.... instead he is a computer guy at HP.... haha. This funny moment made my day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, that is just to funny. I could not stop laughing about that one. Thanks for making my day with that laugh!

    ReplyDelete